Friday, February 01, 2008

Long time, no siege!

So, it's been a while. Sorry about that.

A lot has happened lately, and I plan on filling y'all in as soon as I can with particulars... but for now, a few new things of note:

1) I wanna get artsy again... been about 15 years since I paid attention to the fact that I can draw and such. So i bought a Wacom Cintiq 12WX and I'm totally in love with it. (By the way, IF you get one of these, you must get a SmudgeGuard. They're awesome, and Jeannie Lit, the lady who invented the SG is paragon of customer support!)

2) I just filed my taxes and for the first time in about 5 years, i actually am getting a refund. Home ownership FTW!  Of course, now I need to adjust my withholdings so that I won't get (as much of) a refund next year, but that's another story...

3) I feel like building a computer to fuel my artistic and gaming endeavors. The tax refund could certainly help with that... but there are debts to be paid and the tax refund can *definitely* help with that, too.  Still, the lure of Penryn and Skulltrail is extreme...

The question I get asked the most by family is, "Hey, you find anyone special yet?"  Sadly, the answer is no. I know "Miss Right" is out there... somewhere... but as of yet I haven't met her. They always tell me I'm "such a catch" (single, handsome, have my own house, stable well-paying job, etc.) and that the ladies are crazy for not jumping to be with me. I can only conclude that they're fishing the wrong pond or I'm doing something wrong. All i can say is, it's not for lack of interest on my part.  I've put myself out there a few times in the past few years and been shot down hard each time. Reciprocity (or the lack thereof) is a bitch.

So, yes... I'd love to find "her" and settle down, get married, have a few kids (in a few years, anyway... I think we'd both like time to enjoy one another before we alter our reality that severely). Is it the guiding force in my life? My primary driver? No. Not yet, anyway. 

But i've got my eyes open.

-jer

No comments: